Monday, April 20, 2015

few scattered thoughts from this evening's Worship Gathering...

-Tonight was so refreshing and yet I'm sure, uncomfortable for many of us. The word "family" can bring up so many feelings, sometimes positive, sometimes negative.
-I'm grateful for the extended family that we are given in Jesus....experiencing the joy and rest that comes from having a guest worship team, Chris, Alex and Danny from The Edge and our guest sound guy Diego from The Highlands while Brett is recouping. You guys really helped set the atmosphere for vulnerable worship.
-In a family, forgiveness is key....and so is saying "I'm sorry". Is this an area you need to move forward in? I'm praying for you. It's scary, it may be the hardest thing you do, but from personal experience I know it's one of the most liberating and healing things you can do not only for yourself but for your family.
-I am so very, very, very thankful for my Kairos Family. This has been such a unique experience for me, gaining so many close friends in the last three years. Not just from worshipping together on Sunday nights, but really getting to know each other throughout the week in our discipleship groups and serving together in our Neighborhood Churches. This community is truly one of the greatest joys of my life.
-I yearn for each person attending our Worship Gatherings and Neighborhood Churches that is looking for connection and community to find it here with us.
-...But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him....
-And, how He loves us. heart emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment