Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Change is Coming....

Well...man. Life is so weird sometimes. It feels like it moves slowly and crazy fast at the same time! Always changes yet stays the same....

So, I'm facing a new season.

For the last two years I have worked as the Director of Worship Arts at Horizon Community Church where I oversaw media, the choir, the drama team, tech team and the worship team. I have learned so much while playing with the band, picking set lists, arranging hymns, transposing on the fly and singing each weekend. It was a wonderful job that met our needs while still allowing me to be home with my kids. But unfortunately, come August 30th, the job is coming to an end. HCC has been hit hard during this financial crisis and losing my job has put me in the same boat as so many other hardworking yet unemployed people in the AV. I will miss leading worship on a consistent basis but I'm ready to move on. I have a hunch my worship leading days will not end here!

So what's a girl to do?

Well, pray. Pray hard. And then, get moving!

I'm going back to a trade that sustained me for ten years and that I love dearly: teaching piano.

I am excited to get back into the groove. Working with students is deeply satisfying, especially as their talent unfolds and their potential is reached!

In addition to piano instruction, I am looking forward to playing weddings again. My husband Noah and I had the opportunity to sing at my childhood friend Stephanie's wedding in Missouri over the summer. It is awesome to be a part of someone's priceless memory! (Though a bit nerve wracking!) 

Recently, my cousins Joel and Kami gave us (yes that's right, GAVE, as in generously handed over) a beautiful blond, upright, piano that is just waiting to have students little hands tickle their ivories. And I've been working on some Mozart just in case I'm needed for the prelude to a Classical wedding. :)

I appreciate your prayers and support as my family moves into this uncertain but exciting time.

Cheers to a new, music-filled season!

~jaimie

1 comment:

  1. Good words Jaimie - I love you and Noah to life (I really have an aversion to "love you to d...."!!)I think loving to life is so much better =) God does have a plan for you - my prayers are with you both.

    ReplyDelete